Wonder Woman Reigns! Here Are My Favourite Films Of 2017...

14:00:00



Good Afternoon Lovelies,

It has come to that time where we say goodbye to another year of cinema and welcome a whole host of films that we have been longing for. As we enter award season and see many teasers for summer blockbusters, I thought now would be the perfect time to share with you all my favourite films of 2017.

And I will warn you there is a bit of a mixture this year…

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: After experiencing the new Star Wars world at Disneyland Paris in July, I came home and got stuck in. By opening day of The Last Jedi, I was up to date, in love with many characters and prepared to see how their stories had continued. And I was not disappointed. Kylo Ren may be a baddie, but he is oh so good at it!


Wonder Woman: Since I was little I have wanted to be Wonder Woman! I went on my year 7 school trip with a homemade costume of the superhero (I won the competition for it, thanks mum!) and have admired just how cool she is for a long time. Gal Gadot rocked everything about the character and made it her own, whilst director Patty Jenkins proved that female superhero stories are exactly what the world needs.


Thor: Ragnarok: Oh, Chris Hemsworth! Whilst he may be our leading man, Hemsworth and co all worked together to give us a light-hearted on-screen Marvel adventure that broke down everything we thought we knew about the God of Thunder. Soaring hearts and box-office numbers.


Dunkirk: For a long time, I had been waiting for this film to come out and on opening night I was sat in my local cinema, with my mum, in amazement. If Christopher Nolan doesn’t pick up some awards for this brilliant war feature than I will be gobsmacked.


Girls Trip: How this film hasn’t been nominated for more awards I will never know because it is one of the best comedy films in recent years. The ultimate summer screen stealer, this girls trip is the perfect pick me up and leads an amazing cast!


Spider-Man: Homecoming: If any of the Marvel characters needed to be updated it was Spider-Man. Not because we hadn’t seen him in a while, but because the previous films were never as good as they should have been. Tom Holland changed this and now Spider-Man is swinging higher and higher. Bring on the next one quickly.


Get Out: A film that completely and utterly broke down everything we thought we had seen in cinemas, Get Out is a clever and intriguing film that still gets everyone watching when it is put on. If you haven’t seen it yet, make watching this film your New Year’s Resolution.


Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2: I will admit that it isn’t as good as the first GOTG film, but it hasn’t done anything to stop me falling in love with it. Baby Groot, the soundtrack, Baby Groot, the character development and Baby Groot are just a few reasons why this film made the list.


Blade Runner 2049: I will hold my hands up and admit that I never saw the first Blade Runner before heading to the cinemas to watch this. And luckily, I didn’t need to. Starring my favourite leading man of all time, Ryan Gosling, the film is a stylish and digitally stunning piece with a plot that leads audiences into so much interest, you forget that you have been sat there for nearly three hours.


IT: I hate clowns, but I have a huge amount of love for Bill Skarsgård’s version of the character. Probably the best horror film we have had in recent years, IT made everyone, including myself, jump, sit back in horror and laugh. The 80s are making a comeback hard and this film is the perfect thriller to start it off.


Kingsman: The Golden Circle: Again, a film that didn’t live up to it’s original, but still won me over. I love everything to do with the Kingsman team and this film brought me a lot of joy whilst at a tough time in my life. Plus, it had my hero Elton John in it kicking ass and there isn’t anything better than that.


Fifty Shades Darker: Yes, I know how everyone is going to react to this, but I don’t mind these films and for one afternoon I get to spend it with Jamie Dornan, soooo that is why it has made the list aha! Plus, the soundtrack never ever disappoints.


What films did you all enjoy in 2017 lovelies? Let me know!

Blog Soon,

Joey X 

You Might Also Like

0 comments