Go Back In Time To The 90s With These Mad Beauty Treats!

11:53:00

Good Morning Lovelies, 

What do you think of when you think of Sunday’s? The day before work or school? Brunch? Lazy cosy days in? I think of all of them, but I also think about how productive a Sunday is. We all plan for the week ahead and Sunday’s are the perfect days to do so.


I also think of my Sunday’s as a day of pampering. I like to have a long soak in the bath or a nice shower before bed and then get out and pamper myself from head to toe. I use Lush bath bombs, perfumes, oils, creams and more lotions and potions to help me feel fabulous on a Monday morning.
All of this means that I also spend a lot of my week shopping and looking for new items to use on my Sunday nights. Over the past few years, Mad Beauty has been one website I have used a lot. I follow them on social media and I am obsessed with their Disney, Vintage and fresh collections.

So, when they revealed their new line of Slush Puppy and Pop Tart inspired treats I was overjoyed. Slush Puppy drinks were my drink of choice as a child. When on holiday at our family caravan home, you could often find me with a bright blue or red or sometimes mixed tongue from the cold drink. And burned fingers from popping up the Pop Tarts to early and letting the jam inside out too quickly.



Sadly, though I haven’t got my hands on either of them in a while. As we get older, we forget about how amazing things like this were. But not anymore, because I am treating myself to them in a completely new way.

On Saturday morning, the Mad Beauty team kindly sent me a selection from the new collection. In the package was the 90s flashbacks I needed. A Slush Puppy leather makeup bag, which is going to keep the Slush Puppy sponge and strawberry scented body wash that the team have created in it well. Plus, some cute Vintage Kellogg’s Pop Tart shaped lip glosses in blueberry, strawberry and chocolate flavours.


Having had a makeup bag from Mad Beauty before, I know that these can keep a lot of items in them. The Slush Puppy bag is made of a strong material, which has made it top of my list to come with me on all future trips away.  I can easily put my inhalers, beauty and wash items into it with no problems. This includes the Pop Tart lip balms, which were even cuter when out of the packaging.

Upon coming out of the packaging, the tarts were shaped like the real thing and when you popped the lid off them, you used the small screw like feature to make them pop up. I loved this whole design and the balms spread across my lips easily, which I was happy about because I have used other brands that drag your lips across your face to apply them.


However, I don’t think the Slush Puppy sponge and wash will be making it on those journey’s, because they are definitely going to be used up by then. The strawberry smell instantly takes you back to when you got those strong scents from the machine pouring out the ice mixture and I kind of – I didn’t – wanted to eat it. The realisation that it would not be as good as it smelt was there though lovelies aha!

These sweet 90s throwback treats will be the perfect stocking fillers (yes I am going on about Christmas again aha!) for anyone who likes me wants to go back in time to that era. I am a 90s child through and through and these Mad Beauty creations make me so happy!

Now it is time to get my hands on a real Slush Puppy! Who else is with me? 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X 

You Might Also Like

0 comments