The Von Trapp Family: A Life Of Music DVD Review

07:00:00




Good Morning Lovelies,

Now I am to be very brave here lovelies and say that I am only recently growing to be a Sound of Music fan. I haven’t seen it too many times and I am not the person who has to watch it at Christmas, but I do enjoy it and some of the spin-offs that have come with it.

Including the new film, The Von Trapp Family: A Life of Music, which presents the family again at Christmas time. However, there is a difference in the story that may sway viewers which is that it all comes from the point of view of the eldest daughter Agathe.

Unlike the magic you get from Maria, Agathe is portraying a troubled teen turned adult approach to life and the struggles she faces seem small in the light of today’s ones. Viewers who have wondered what has happened to the family will find this interesting but if not then I can’t see many being wrapped up in it.

There are some big names in the film in the form of Matthew Macfadyen, Eliza Bennett and Rosemary Harris, but they are not able to make the feel as strong as its previous one.


This is why I am giving it...

3 Stars

Blog Soon,
Joey X

You Might Also Like

0 comments