Goodbye September! My Favourite Things From The Month

11:16:00

Good Morning Lovelies,

September was an eventful month to say the least lovelies. I went from applying to lots of jobs, to working back at my old university with a great team doing something I love. I have found a new love and passion for fashion again and made a big bold purchase, which I will tell you more about in a minute that will last me a lifetime. I also got back into baking! 


Maybe it is the bake off spirit but I was ready to cook last month. I also spent it devouring films, TV shows and getting ready for the autumn season by purchasing a ton of classics that I will be doing a special post about very soon. 

With all of this happening I got so excited that I had to sit down and tell you all about my favourite things of September! It was a great month…

Bridget Jones’s Baby: After waiting so long for this film finally I got to sit with my mum and watch it. Bridget Jones means a lot to me as a character. I have been constantly told I am her, watched her and admired her since I was small when my mum was in hospital and overall had opportunities rise from working with her. The latest film was just what I needed to motivate me before I started my new job. It will make you laugh, cry and walk away with the biggest smile on your face ever. 


Peaky Blinders: So many shows have returned in September! Poldark, Lucifer, Our Girl, The Fall, Victoria (my new love) but one outshined them all. Having been late to the game, I spent a week and a half bingewatching all three seasons of the show to catch up and now I am in a bit of a dilemma because nothing seems to be matching up to it. I can’t wait to see more Cillian Murphy on screen. 


Levi’s Jacket: My big purchase of the month was my new Levi’s jacket. I have always wanted one, waited months to get the lined ones and now I own one. Walking into the Westfield Shepherds Bush store I didn’t go in to buy it. I went in to look, daydream about it and then walk out empty handed. However after incredible store care and discussions I walked out with one and haven’t looked back since. 


Starting A Fresh: This month was a bit of a start over for me. I don’t know whether I got the bug to be a bit more free, the school year beginning again vibes or I was just ready to start having more fun but I am ready for more. After suffering from a mental health issue earlier in the year I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel going back to university, the place it started. However I now work there and it is fab! As well I decided to be a bit more daring with myself. I have cut my hair short, which I love, and brought new clothes. I actually get up in the morning now and look forward to getting ready. Even if it is at 6:30am. 


Lush Bath Bombs: As the autumn/winter months settle in, I am starting to spend my Sunday’s pampering for the rest of the week. This has meant that Lush products are making a regular appearance in my bathroom. I can’t wait to get my hands on the new Pumpkin product!


What were your favourite things in September?

Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @StartWithThis :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments