MOOMINS ON THE RIVIERA REVIEW...

08:25:00

Hey Lovelies, 

Growing up I wasn’t aware of the Moomins, however my mum always told me about them and the impact in which they made on her childhood, causing the pair of us to even go to the store in Covent Garden to enjoy and experience their world. So when I was asked to review ‘Moomins on the Riviera’, I was excited to see what made my mum so happy.


Following the famous animated characters, with brand new voices from Russell Tovey and Tracey Ann Oberman, the film sees the Moomins go on a holiday together, however it doesn’t go to plan and the audience are placed in a beautifully created animated journey, that will bring back all of the feelings that fans of the show will have experienced before (My mum watched it with me!). 

Throughout the film, there is a quality to it that makes it seem like a family journey. Each character makes audiences go through emotions in which they have had before and you can see the way in which the filmmakers have tried to make sure that even though they are little animated figures, that they are going through and experiencing things that everybody has had when they go on holiday and the family dynamics in which happen during a holiday. Especially with the mother and father figures within the film! 

Therefore as someone new to the figures and the ways in which they explored their world, the film managed to hook me in and make me a fan, as it showed the cute innocent fun that can still be explored within cinema and animation. 

And this is why the film is getting this incredible rating…


4 Stars

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments