THAT FILM DIRECTOR DIRECTED MADE WHAT MUSIC VIDEO?!?

17:17:00

Hey Lovelies, 

With 'Under The Skin' being released on DVD and Blu-Ray very soon, I received some interesting information about the director Jonathan Glazer, which was that he had created some brilliant music videos, starring Jamiroquai and Radiohead, before embarking on his incredible film career. And I thought it would be nice to look into some other director’s music videos. 

So here is Jamiroquai's 'Virtual Insanity' which Glazer directed to kick us off: 


Another director who had a music video background was 'Training Day' director Antoine Furqua, who created videos for Stevie Wonder, Usher, Pras, Queen Latifah, Toni Braxton and my favourite Coolio's 'Gangsta's Paradise'! I would never have imagined him making this music video, but now that I know it was him it makes it even more brilliant. So please enjoy this little video...


The next director is the king of the 'Transformer' franchise, Mr Michael Bay who has an incredible Rock N Roll music video background. Making videos for Aerosmith, Lionel Ritchie, The Divinyls, but my favourite video that he created has to be Meatloaf's 'I Would Do Anything For Love'! Who would have expected this music video to be made by Mr Bay...


Marc Webb is a director who I have adored since '500 Days of Summer', but I did not know he had a music video background. If I did it would have made me understood why the soundtrack to '500 Days...' was so good! Webb has created videos for Jimmy Eat World, My Chemical Romance, Nelly, Trey Songz, Green Day and Maroon 5! But the biggest news I got was that he directed my favourite band’s music video! Here is Snow Patrol's 'Chocolate'...


Me and David Fincher have a bit of a tense relationship after I had to do 'Fight Club' in my film studies exam aha and let me tell you, studying that film is hard aha. However when I found out he created one of the best dance anthems from Madonna of all time, he has earned my forgiveness! Now let's 'Vogue'...


Anton Corbijn, the director of the up and coming films 'Life' and 'A Most Wanted Man', directed the video for U2's 'One'! So let's bring the party down a little and enjoy this slow song...


Now I've got '99 Problems' but I won't get 'Hurt' because I am being told to 'Free Your Mind' and get a 'Devil's Haircut' or just 'Scream'! I have just mentioned some of the most memorable and best songs of all time and all of their videos were directed by Mark Romanek, the man who made 'Never Let Me Go'. So shall we 'Scream' with MJ?!? Let's...


Michel Gondry's are next director who worked with the music stars before the film stars and for any fans of Daft Punk, The White Stripes, The Chemical Brothers, Radiohead and Beck (ME, ME, ME!), many of their videos were directed by him. Shall we lift the party back up again with Daft Punk's 'Around the World'...


'Her' was one of my favourite films of 2013 and had one of the best soundtracks ever created! And now I understand why Spike Jonze chose Arcade Fire to make the perfect music for it, as he seems to be a huge fan considering he directed the music video for 'The Suburbs'! So let's go to 'The Suburbs'...


And last but not least because not only did this man direct the female heroine of film in 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire', but he has also directed the queen of music as well! Francis Lawrence is really helping us ladies to get the full girl power effect and I love him for it! From Beyoncé to Gwen Stefani, the man has a music video history to be proud of! However while he made the video for this song, Beyoncé still 'Run['s] the World' aha...


So any shocking names on the list?!? Do you know of any other directors who have a music video past that should have been on this post? Let me know :)

Under the Skin will be out on Blu-ray and DVD by Studiocanal from the 14th July! 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X 

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments