Les Miserables Review

21:57:00


Hello My Lovely's,

Two in one day, you lucky people haha...

So about 2 weeks ago I went and saw 'Les Miserables'. Now don't get me wrong I liked it but do they have to sing everything!

Yes I know it’s a musical and that's what they do on West End but after the first time, I didn't need to hear Hugh Jackman declare that he is in fact "Prisoner 24601" every 5 minutes in song. The film started quite boring until Anne Hathaway is presented on screen in an outstanding performance.

I had liked Hathaway's performances in her previous on screen portrayals but this was the icing on the cake! She just blew me away when she sings and her fragility presented on screen. It is actresses on screen like this that deserve to get the recognition they deserve. In 20 minutes Hathaway creates an OSCAR worthy performance which I will be one of the bloggers who will protest a lot if she doesn't win it.

However it is my favourite actress and an equally brilliant display that caused me to love the film!  Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen are amazing as the Thenardiers and make the whole film which is very depressing until these two appear comical. Their song 'Master of the House' was placed on to my IPod as soon as I got home from the film which very rarely happens after musicals.

I don't have much to say about this film, I mean the performances are amazing but the story was boring in places and the singing got on my nerves after a while. I mean it never hurt anyone to talk, if I say so myself!


3/4 Stars
 

Until Next Time...
Joey xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments